- Mountaineer Nation Day took place on October 21, 2017 when the Mountaineer football team played at Oklahoma State University.
- 753 watch parties were registered
- Watch parties were held in all 50 states, plus Washington D.C. and in 15 countries with 22 total international watch parties. The countries include: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada (5), Germany (2), Iceland, Israel, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippians, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, UK (3) and the United States
- WVU Medicine Children's hosted a watch party that was attended by the WVU Gymnastics team. WVU Dining Services donated Flying WV cookies and Trademark Licensing provided Musket Frisbees as a giveaway to the children
- The Mountaineer Maniacs and Gold and Blue Crew held a watch party at the Alumni Center for members that was very well attended and there was free food and giveaways
- The Tulsa Alumni Chapter held a tailgate in Stillwater on game day that was very well attended. Fans were lined up at 6 am on game day
- The Pre-Game Prize Patrol was a scavenger hunt happening around the state where clues were posted on Twitter and Facebook giving fans a chance to find the Pre-Game Prize Patrol and win WVU licensed products